[Healeys] FW: Healeys

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Sun Jul 6 16:53:45 MDT 2014

G'day

It was the idea of DMH to make the six-cylinder Austin-Healey into a 2+2 so
to broaden the market. The single remaining pre-production 100 had been
fitted with the heavy BMC six-cylinder engine and running gear and then sent
to Jensen for the alterations to the bodywork. It was then shown to BMC as
the new six-cylinder Austin-Healey. It was then that BMC burghers thought it
would be a good idea to change the grille to something akin to the then
Austin sedan as well as incorporating as much Austin parts bin bits as they
could.

How do I know all this?

The car that was fitted with the six-cylinder engine and then sent to Jensen
is sitting in my garage and I have copious correspondence from Geoff Healey.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia