[Healeys] Fuel gauge

john jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 6 11:27:41 MDT 2014

The sending unit has a coil and the quality of the coil windings has an effect
on the gauge. Bad senders have very few windings and the better, original
senders, have windings that spaced more closely. Sloshing of the fuel will
cause the gauge to jump around. The problem I have is the needle appears to
stick on high and then it will suddenly jump down to 1/2. Experience with
adjusting the coils leads me to the conclusion the distance of the coil
magnets from the armature is critical to achieving an accurately calibrated
gauge.

Cheers,

John