[Healeys] Fuel gauge

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sun Jul 6 02:34:27 MDT 2014

Are you sure the gauge is at fault? Did you try with a power supply from
0V-.. and got any response? If it did show some response look elsewhere
for the fault.
You could try to buy (e.g. ebay.co.uk) a Smiths or Jaeger UK gauge of
the same type but with a corroded/damaged/incorrect for the Healey face
and transplant your existing gauge face to the one acquired. They are
very simple to dismantle and put together again. Leave the internals
undisturbed, just remove the bezel by slightly lifting the tabs and then
turning the bezel until the tabs line up with the slots in the body and
the bezel and glass will lift of, then remove the dial face taking great
care not to bend the needle.
I may perhaps have an old gauge that might be of use. You can have it
for the shipping costs. If you send me some pictures of the gauge (face,
rear of body, internals if possible) and especially the number on the
dial I can have a look in my famous boxes of old junk.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL