[Healeys] BJ8 tunnel attachment screw holes

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 30 19:05:16 MST 2014

I assume when you say "tunnel attachment screw holes" you are referring to the
holes in the frame rails. The only way to fix the problem is by welding.  MIG
puts too much rod/metal onto the frame and has to be ground off. It's a messy
situation. With TIG, you can do a surgical fix with little to no
grinding...then drill a nice new small hole for that new sheet metal screw of
the size you want to use.

> Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 16:57:35 -0800
> From: goldengt at cal.net
> To: healeys at autox.team.net
> Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 tunnel attachment screw holes
>
> I couldn't seem to get into the archives. Does someone have a way of making
the tunnel attachment screw holes back to the standard size without welding
them? I don't want to be using ever bigger screws.