[Healeys] dismantling seat tracks

Jean Caron vintage_roadster_restoration at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 26 16:30:17 MST 2014

Ken:

You first have to remove the pins that goes across at each end of the inner
track, then pull one end as far as you can and four ball bearings should come
out. Then you reverse it and go the other way and the other four should come
out too. I use a lot of 3 in 1 lubricant in there so it slides easier as there
will likely be a lot of dirt, rust, pieces of carpeting etc. in there. I also
dismantle the piece that holds the spring by punching out the rivet so the
spring can be removed, often when plating the spring will break. These rivets
are relatively easy to find and install new ones afterwards.

Jean

> Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 14:53:14 -0800
> From: goldengt at cal.net
> To: healeys at autox.team.net
> Subject: [Healeys] dismantling seat tracks
>
> So to dismantle the seat tracks for plating, one has to just use force to
spread the outer track enough for some balls to fall out? Is there a tech tip
already existing for me?