[Healeys] Repair Magic

rwil at sbcglobal.net rwil at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 24 11:52:26 MST 2014

Ellery Engel does an excellent job on aluminum too.  He fixed all the
dents and ripples on my early BN1 aluminum bonnet and boot lids,
removed and replaced a couple of pieces where others had butchered
repair attempts in the past.  He uses an oxyacetylene torch.  When I
drove up to pick up the bonnet and boot he brazed a stud onto my BN1
grille quickly, accurately and elegantly.  I wish I could hang around
his shop for a few months.  All sorts of vehicles in his shop
including a couple of Healeys when I was there.

There is no sign on the shop which looks as if it was built 100 years
ago and hasn't been painted since maybe 1950.  Real craftsmanship and
skill reside within.

He has a web site of sorts and email but is too busy to check anything
most of the time.  A Google of "Ellery Engel" will get you address,
phone, and some photos of his shop.

-Roland