[Healeys] Fwd: Memorial Service for Doug Reid

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 23 13:57:08 MST 2014

 From Doug Reid's brother Rick...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Memorial Service for Doug Reid
Date: 	Thu, 23 Jan 2014 10:38:10 -0500
From: 	Rick Reid <RickReidVA at Verizon.Net>

Folks,
I appreciate all the kind responses that were sent in regard to my
original e-mail on Sunday, and itbs clear that Doug had many people who
cared about him.  Webve decided that we will hold the memorial service
*in Frederick Maryland during the afternoon of March 29th* rather than
try to do it now.  That will allow people from other states to make
travel plans, and it will avoid having bad winter weather cause any
problems.  Ibd like to have an approximate count of attendees, so please
let me know if you would like to join us that day.

Those of you who knew Doug well know that he had a great sense of humor
and loved to tell jokes.  If anyone has any good Doug stories that they
would like to share with us at the memorial service, please let me know
and I will add you to the speaker list.

Those of you in the Healey world may be interested in some of the things
that Doug left behind at his place in Philadelphia.  In addition to a
1974 Jensen Healey there are numerous car parts, specialized tools and
other equipment that might have value to the right people.  I have
already heard from some people who have expressed interest, and if
anyone else would like to contact me about this, please do.  It will
probably be a couple more weeks before we have any kind of inventory
list, so I canbt yet provide details about what is really there.

Please pass this message on to anyone else who might have known Doug and
ask them to contact me if they would like to attend the memorial
service. I will send out a follow-up e-mail with the exact place and
time when we have that worked out.

Thanks,
Rick Reid