[Healeys] Engine weight & gearbox weight

John Sims ahbn6 at verizon.net
Thu Jan 2 09:19:32 MST 2014

Take a look at: http://www.healey6.com/Technical/Engine%20Cradle.pdf
For a home made engine cradle.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com

-----Original Message-----
From: healeys-bounces at autox.team.net [mailto:healeys-bounces at autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Simon Lachlan
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2014 10:43 AM
To: healeys at autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Engine weight & gearbox weight

Hi,

I am contemplating the removal of my 3000's engine. Probably with gearbox
attached.

Once it's out (hoho), I'll want to put it on an engine stand. Rotating type.

I am not contemplating putting the engine onto any sort of stand before
removing the gearbox.

How much does the engine weigh?

How much does the gear box weigh?

I expect that engine stands come "rated" at/up to a certain max weight.
Isn't a 3000's engine fairly long for its weight? Doesn't this induce a
measure of extra leverage onto the load bearing mount on the stand? Should
one thus go for a higher rating and, if so, what does the collective wisdom
suggest?

I continue to seek for the weights in my manuals but without any luck.

Thank you,

Simon
$12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive