[Healeys] 1959 BN6

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 25 05:04:37 MST 2014

Curt,

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "At the base of the distributor
housing, on the top side", so here are two answers:
1) There's a lubricator that threads into the aluminum distributor body.
  It's filled with grease and every so often the knob is given a turn to
push some grease to lubricate the shaft.

2) There's an oil pipe that goes from the engine block to the cast iron
base the distributor sets in.

The tach drive threads appear to be British Standard Brass - 7/8" 26tpi.

Will have to do some more digging for the brakes. According to the
Girling 200 catalog I have, the brake and clutch master cylinders are
the same (5/8" bore).  The rear wheel cylinders were 1" for 58-59 and
3/4" 59 on.  But that may be disc versus wire wheels. Or?

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 Mk I registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php