[Healeys] Spark Scatter over 4000rpm

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Tue Feb 25 04:28:22 MST 2014

Andy,

Replace the no. 1 spark plug lead using a copper core lead and a
standard non resistor cap and try again. Also make sure the pick up
clamp is clean, intact and closed properly
If it still shows the deviations you describe and if the engine runs
smooth at the given rpm it may well be the Hella Optilux. Although it is
an excellent timing light it could be rather old by now and may not work
properly any more. These were first made over 30 years ago. During the
years the design has had little change.

Kees Oudesluijs