[Healeys] Transmission/Gearbox cover for a 100

Simon Griffin simon_grif at msn.com
Mon Feb 17 06:47:34 MST 2014

Right now I am deep into the rebuild of my MGB engine, a rather fun Father/Son
project with my 16 year old.  I have been applying much thought to the slowly
moving 100 project.  Some of you may have seen my pondering on the British Car
Forum.  I am for sure going to keep the BN2 box in the 54.  It is part of the
cars history and I rather like the tales that surround this modification, done
back in the 60's.  The transmission/gearbox tunnel is a fiberglass home made
affair, done back in the 70's some time.  I know this because I can still read
some of the newsprint stuck on the inside.  I will probably replace this part
and seek out an original BN2 cover.   If anyone has one that they would be
interested in selling, please let me know.   (I am located in Illinois, not
far from St. Louis)

I am still debating in my mind if I should go back to the mechanical link
clutch mechanism.  Mine has been quite cleverly converted to hydraulic, using
the same type of master and slave as the brake system.  In the knowledge that
the mechanical parts are reproduced, I think I'll delay this decision until I
start to tear down and recondition this area.  So at least for now, the quest
is for the BN2 gear box cover.

Best wishes to all
Simon
Troy, IL