[Healeys] restore original equipment steering wheel

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Fri Feb 7 06:18:48 MST 2014

I have a repro steering wheel on my BJ8 and I defy anyone to tell it from original.

tom
---- shop <shop at justbrits.com> wrote:

=============
<< On 2/6/2014 4:36 PM, Earl Kagna wrote:
> I understand that the current repro's are excellent, >>
Seems all of youa'll's "!st thing to go" - LOL - are fading into the
sunset (or where ever they go ? ? ?).

Unless Moss (Mike Grant ??) has regressed, they ARE 'excellent'.  As has
been mentioned/discussed before
on this List, Roger Moment has spent a LOT of time with Moss (Mike Grant
and/or/both Kelvin Dodd ??) getting the Big Healeys wheels to 99%
'perfect'.  The esteemed (and sorely missed) Rich Chrysler even
mentioned it, IIRC.

It was also mentioned that on some wheels (the missing 1% <G> ?), emory
paper/cloth be used to smooth out
the slight "casting edge" (inner diameter).

I checked one [1] of Ira's Google sites ---> photos and found a Nash
Healey wheel he has allegedly done.  Further checking ---> Prices gives
me the feeling that it must have run around $ 1,000.00+ ! ? ! ?  And a
STANDARD Big Healey wheel would run around @ $ 800.00 +/- NOT including
<G> ! !

But a good number of repros for dat 'number' ! ! !  LOL

Yes, I would have normally at least 'mentioned' "...check the
Archives..." but it would seem that the esteemed and honourable Mr. Mark
J.Bradakis is slaving away their 'rebuild' ! ! !  THANKS YOU, Mark.
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

Healeys at autox.team.net