[Healeys] 3000 front crank oil slinger

goldengt at cal.net goldengt at cal.net
Sun Feb 2 16:02:11 MST 2014

I see that the front oil slinger has not been engaged with the crankshaft key. I think the combination of aftermarket vibration damper and a previous key way repair has left a gap such that the damper does not contact the slinger. I think I should add a washer between the gear and the slinger such that the damper will bottom out on the slinger instead of the nose of the crank shaft. When I first dissasembled things, the slinger notch was about at 90 degrees to the key.
What did the stock damper bottom out on?
Ken Freese
65 BJ8