[Healeys] Boot lid seal

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 10:01:22 MST 2014

Michael--

You said:  "I also have a couple of rough but original early 100 boot lids
that show no evidence of adhesive in the corner of their flanges. Contact
cement is very difficult to remove and is usually just painted over leaving
evidence of its presence."

While I admire your logic and persistence on this point don't forget that
these cars were assembled 60 years ago when adhesives were totally
different from what we have today.  I have no idea what was used back in
the 1950's to glue stuff up but I doubt it had any of the stickiness than
what we now use.

Happy New Year to you and Judith--Michael Oritt