[Healeys] Increased Horsepower

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Dec 5 11:19:55 MST 2014

Curt Arndt will likely respond with the data you've requested, but I once read a piece by a guy who raced--and dyno'd--a 100M and he claimed with some authority that the cold air box actually reduced HP, at least compared to the unfiltered velocity stacks I believe he used instead. Seems reasonable, given that intake air has to make a sharp 90deg turn to get from the CAB to the carb inlets.

Even on modern, big displacement V8s K&N and other brand 'hi-flow' intake systems only claim a few HP increase on engines that are already over 300HP.

Bob