[Healeys] 1959 100-6 healey--6 port rebuilt engine, 4spd overdrive tranny, radiator all for sale

Chris Scholz drscholz at visioncenterpc.com
Wed Dec 3 20:59:25 MST 2014

Greetings,

I am restoring my 1959 BN4 and have decided to go with a LS1 swap and 3.54
rebuilt rear end with Quaife locking rear.  I have dreamed of an aluminum fuel
injected V8 Healey, and have decided to go this route after many sleepless
nights.   My body and frame are in great shape and getting soda blasted this
week.  The carI will be kept stock otherwise, so by looking at the exterior,
it will look like any other 100-6, except for disc brakes .  ( I am still
looking for brackets for 4 pot BJ8 calipers).

I am selling my 1959 100-6 six port engine, 2639cc bored 0.30 over, 4 speed
tranny with electric overdrive and the radiator.

The engine is ready to be reassembled--the block has been hot tanked,
magna-fluxed.   Head surface blocked.  New pistons/rings, new bearings.   Each
cylinder honed.  Updated crankshaft seal machined.  New camshaft bearings.
New expansion plugs.  Head hot tanked and magna-fluxed.  New valves and valve
guides.  Crankshaft magna-fluxed and polished.  New pistons are 0.30 over.
Connecting rods resized.  Lifters reground and hardened.  New water pump.
Oil pump, crankshaft dampener are newer, and brand new timing chain.    I may
have some of these terms described differently than a typical machinist would
speak, but I am going by the notes from my mechanic.   The engine is ready to
be reassembled and if anyone is seriously interested, they may email me to
speak with myself or my mechanic.  I have two engines.  The one in the car
lost compression this summer.   This is for sale as a basic core engine that
needs rebuilding.   The better engine that is being rebuilt was given to me
last year when I bought the car.

The clutch is almost new.  The carbs were gone thru this year.  The
transmission and overdrive were disassembled this past winter and it works
perfect.

The radiator won't be needed since I will be installing a 4 core aluminum
unit.  It has been tested as is in great shape.

I have been offered $5000 for the rebuilt engine, tranny and radiator
together.   If anyone would like these 3 as a group, please let me know.
Otherwise, I will sell them next week.

The other engine (same size and year) would need rebuilding and is for sale as
a core for $750.

I hope these will go to a good home!   I will keep everyone informed of my
conversion and build, and I hope to be up and running by spring!

Chris Scholz in Muscatine Iowa, 52761.