[Healeys] transmission / OD oil

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Mon Aug 25 15:31:32 MDT 2014

I use Redline MTL---noticeable difference in smooth shifting.

tom
---- Oudesluys <coudesluijs at chello.nl> wrote:

=============
SAE 30,40, 20W50 etc. is fine for OD gearboxes and gearboxes with
brass/bronze parts like synchro rings or forks. Do not use EP80/90 as
they may contain F, Cl and other elements based dopes that can be
harmful to certain parts.

Kees Oudesluijs

MIKE LEWIS schreef op 25-8-2014 22:14:
> Thought I would add that in the opinion of Healey trans/OD rebuilders like
> Quantam Mechanics and Healey Surgeons best oil for the Healey Type A overdrive
> is a non detergent, 30 or 40 weight. QM only recommends 30 wt from what I
> understand. The other oils like 20w50 that contain the detergent additives are
> not ideal for our overdrives.  I use 40 wt ND which you can get off of Amazon
> as otherwise hard to find a 40 wt ND.  think 30 wt ND is available from
> several sources.
> Regards
> Mike Lewis
> 1956 100M

> -----
> Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
> Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
> Versie: 2014.0.4745 / Virusdatabase: 4007/8098 - datum van uitgifte: 08/25/14
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums

Healeys at autox.team.net