[Healeys] derrington steering wheel

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sat Aug 23 02:21:50 MDT 2014

The laquer on the Moto Lita wheels is rather mediocre, brittle, very
thin and not very hard wearing. The laquer on the imitation Moto Lita
steering wheels by Mountney? (there is no brand name on the wheels) is
far superior. It is absolutely smooth and has that highly polished
appearance. However the ridges of the aluminium centre  can be on the
sharpish side but this is easy to remedy. These are better finished on
the genuine Moto Lita steering wheels. Also the Moto Lita hubs are
better designed and finished.

I have always preferred the leather steering wheels from Moto Lita
though. Good soft grip, comfortable and less sweaty when kept clean.
Another favourite steering wheel of mine is the old style Nardi in
leather, suberb and unsurpassed. Problem is the availability of the hub.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL