[Healeys] Electronic Flasher

Team.net lawrence.swift at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 07:46:30 MDT 2014

To all,

I have a 1959 BT7 and recently changed the turn signal, parking and brake
lights to LEDS and installed an Electronic Flasher.  The Flasher has three
prongs (B, L & P).

Initially everything worked perfectly; when switching the trafficator to
either a left or right turn, the appropriate front and rear lights flashed
and the single indicator light on the dash indicated the signals were
operating.

Now, however, the indicator light on the dash blinks all the time: when
turning and when the trafficator switch is in the neutral position.

I have checked the wiring and all seems correct.  It appears there may be
three possible issues: 1) bad flasher, 2) problem/short in the trafficator
switch, or 3) bad relay.

All ideas are appreciated.

Larry Swift