[Healeys] Boot handle attachment

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 09:39:27 MDT 2014

Michael--

While I cannot attest to the "known original" condition of my 100's boot
hardware I can tell you that the car was apart only once in the mid-1990's
when it was restored by Bud Weikert of Mountaintop PA who at that time
apparently had a good reputation for doing Healey restorations.  Judging by
the condition of the plating and pitting on all of the boot hardware--both
the handle and the hinges--I think it is all original. In any case I have
owned the car since 1998 and have not done any work on the boot handle.

That said I just looked at the car and the hardware attaching the handle to
the lid is as you state--but the order is:  cup washers, flat washers and
round headed slotted screws in that order.  The screw in the end of the
square shaft is slotted--not Phillips.

Since photos are stripped by this list I will send some to you privately.

Best--Michael Oritt