[Healeys] David Woodhouse

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 02:35:33 MDT 2014

Sad news Larry.
Dave knew a lot about Healeys, and his pioneering work in casting alloy Healey
blocks, and redesigning the Healey cylinder head (the DMD alloy head) were
groundbreaking.
RIP Dave.
Chris

Sent from my iPhone

> On 10 Aug 2014, at 5:32 pm, Larry Varley <varley at cosmos.net.au> wrote:
>
> Sadly I have to report that David Woodhouse passed away peacefully on
Friday. Dave was the creator of DMD Australia and worked tirelessly creating
his high performance equipment for the 6 cylinder Austin Healey, including the
DMD alloy block and the high performance alloy cylinder head, plus many other
components. Dave was a true gentleman, always happy to chat about Healeys and
engineering principles in engine design. An extremely intelligent man, and a
great friend to the many that knew him. Once again the Healey movement is a
lesser place in his passing. His funeral in Berwick Melbourne will be held on
Thursday. I will certainly miss the many Saturday afternoon discussions over a
beer or two, as will all of his mates.