[Healeys] Suspension components paint color

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Thu Aug 7 15:50:22 MDT 2014

G'day Lin

I have just redone the suspension on the BN3 in satin black, however I will
say that when I first did it during the late 1970s the original colour was
metallic green, but I painted the lot in gloss black.

I read something recently as to how the suspension components were painted
originally. Well they weren't painted but dipped into containers of black
paint that also contained water or some other liquid. The paint being oil
based would float on top of the water and the after dipping the paint would
adhere to the part. I tried that but the result was a little less than I
liked.

Of course we all know that our restorations are to a standard that's way
above what the cars were like when they were new.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia