[Healeys] headlights

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Fri Aug 1 03:18:04 MDT 2014

Get proper 7" units that take the genuine H4 Halogen bulbs instead of
replacing the present Tungsten bulbs with adapted so called H4 Halogen
bulbs (which they are not). These adapted replacements have the
filaments in the wrong spot and therefore do not have the proper light
image. In Europe they are illegal. If you have US Tungsten sealed beam
units now I presume you can safely replace them with US Halogen units.
For some reason sealed beams are not legal in Europe/Continent.
You can go even one step further and fit a HID Xenon kit. There are kits
around that replace the old 7" units.
Also consider wiring your head lights through relays. Easier on the
switches and wiring and when upgrading the wire thickness from relay and
earth to light bulb, more Volts and thus power to the brighter headlights.

Kees Oudesluijs
NL