[Healeys] Essential Buyers Guide

josef-eckert at t-online.de josef-eckert at t-online.de
Wed Apr 30 13:22:25 MDT 2014

I have got my copy and to be honest I am disappointed. I also expected a
distinction between the different modls of Austin-Healeys to find the one
which suits me best. There is no description of the pros and cons of the
different models. And one who likes the comfort of a BJ8 may not like the
100s or early 6 cylinder roadsters. I think for the buyers its important
to know that a 100/6 is not much different to an early 3000, but to a
more attractive price achievement ratio.

Then when I look at the relative values of the different models compared
to the others I really disagree with the author. A 100/6 BN4 only has got
half the value of a BJ8, only third of the value of a 100M. Btw. there is
no description what`s a 100M and how it get its value. Its not that the
car left the factory as a 100M, its also that all the 100M specific parts
are still there and original. Otherwise it lost what gave him its
blessings.

Just my 2cents.

Josef Eckert

Konigswinter/Germany