[Healeys] girling brake cylinder

R. Price Lindsay 050.rpl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 15:15:36 MDT 2014

I recently installed a new rear brake cylinder on my 67 bj8.  the source
assured me that although it was made by county, it is made to the mfg spec,
i.e. a girling unit (they actually used that name).  i strongly questioned
this at the time but finally gave up the fight.  well, guess what?  after 15
miles on the road it failed (my rear brake would not fully release on that
side and now it blows out brake fluid when i push the pedal to the floor (i
had a strong pedal before).

who has the real thing?  i would like to buy one soon and get my car back on
the road again.  thank you.

PS:  if you think the "locking" of the right side but not the left could be
caused by something other than a failed brake cylinder, i'm all ears.  ( fwiw,
i have replaced the flexible pipe in the back within the last 1,000 miles or
so).

Price Lindsay
67 bj8