[Healeys] Woodrim steering wheel

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu Apr 24 01:34:48 MDT 2014

I do not know the Tourist Trophy wheels. The Moto Lita wheels are of
good, but not superb finish as the lacquer on the wood is fairly thin.
The hubs are of very good quality and fit and available in a variety of
finishes incl. highly polished aluminium. There are Moto Lita replica's,
I think from Mountney, that have a far better finish on the wood but the
aluminium centre piece and the hubs are of lesser quality and finish.
Nardi is by far the superior steering wheel of all but rather costly.
The Moto Lita steering wheel can be had in a variety of styles including
original Derrington spec wheels (
http://www.moto-lita.co.uk/our-products/Wheel_Details_01.aspx?WH_ID=16
), 3 spoke evenly spaced, T-configuration, 4 spoke etc.
However I do not think that Moss will have all types on sale. Better
order directly from Moto Lita. Consider a leather steering wheel, so
much more comfortable, albeit not so good looking as the wood, granted.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL