[Healeys] Tonneau Fastener

rkeysor rkeysor at bellsouth.net
Wed Apr 23 15:58:53 MDT 2014

My issue with the stud was that it worked itself loose, and my one attempt to
snug it up failed.  I took a look at the stud I removed--about time, one might
say--and it clearly is  the Liftadot stud (a longer section below the ball
than the ones that secure the balance of the tonneau).  So my issue wasn't a
loose fit or a worn stud, simply a loose stud.  I think I will have to remove
the windshield to drill a hole through the metal portion of the dash in order
to add a nut at the bottom.  I don't see any sign of one there now, and the
stud I removed had a wood-screw type thread. Thanks.