[Healeys] Tonneau fastners

Earl Kagna kags at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 23 12:20:53 MDT 2014

Two things can cause this:  The Tenax fastener on the tonneau itself may be
broken - look inside and work the button.  The should be 3 'flutes' - very
often one breaks off (or bends inward) and the fastener won't hold properly
on the stud.  Simply replace the fastener to fix this and see what happens.
If that doesn't do it, the ball part of the stud is worn - like on my
tri-carb, and needs to be replaced.  It's a special long threaded stud
(Tenax) - available at BCS, like Ira said, and probably other Healey
suppliers as well.  It should thread into a captive nut welded onto the
underside of the dash, so no nut needed.  If your dash nut has been damaged,
it's a common thread size - 10/32 if I remember correctly. Should be widely
available.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BJ8, BT7 tri-carb