[Healeys] 62 Healey Tri-carb BT7

J. Scott Morris jstmorris at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 19:52:10 MDT 2014

Good Day;  I got in touch with Sean Porrazzo, the Sales Manager at Beverly
Hills Car Club Inc. re this car which was also posted by Kent Car
Collections.
[see
http://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1962-austin-healey-3000--c-2861.htm#ixzz2y
QPWOQ6I  and  http://www.kentcarcollection.com/info.php?id=1268 ]

According to Sean, the Chassis # is  HBT7L13826 and the engine # is 29E /RU
/H191

Now the Tricarb Healey production started at in 1961 at 13751 / 29E-H-101  and
finished in 1962 at 19853 / 29E-H-5799.  With the numbers given for this car
it looks to be a fairly early production car.  My guess is the 1962 is the
sale year, not the production year.  Given the side shift transmission is
orginal, that would be in order with early 1961.

--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada       - Keep Smiling, Murphy Lives