[Healeys] Sale 1955 Austin Healey 100S - Chassis No AHS 3502

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Wed Apr 9 18:39:23 MDT 2014

G'day

I think any Austin-Healey with known historical provenance will bring more
money than those without any. That goes with Works cars as well. A 100S that
has an obscure history will bring less than one with a known history that
includes being ex Works and driven by well known drivers. But I suppose that
if you were buying a car for about $1mil an extra $20K or $30K is really not
going to make much of a difference.

I would have to think about it if I was offered a choice between a 100S and
an early Maserati sports racing car.

Over the years I have been offered two 100Ss. One here in Australia for
$3,500 and the other from the UK at $4,750. These were in the early 1970s
mind you. I knocked both back and bought the BN3 instead and have no regrets
as it enabled me to carry kids around in it. Wouldn't have a clue what
that's worth and frankly I don't really care.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn