[Healeys] Drum balancing

Larry Varley varley at cosmos.net.au
Mon Apr 7 14:34:11 MDT 2014

I found the front drums on my BN1 way out of balance, it appeared that
the castings were very uneven in wall thickness, however the friction
surface was pretty true to the outside diameter. The main problem was
uneven thickness from the friction area down to the hub on the inside.
The wall thickness in this un machined area was dramatic. So I machined
this area and improved the balance considerably.
Cheers
Larry Varley