[Healeys] Running Problem

Robert Bender rbender1 at berkshire.rr.com
Fri Apr 4 06:44:17 MDT 2014

If your car has the conventional points rather than electronic, try swapping
out the condenser.

I've seen a number of cars (including mine when I ran points), exhibit very
similar characteristics

when a condenser was failing.  It sounds electrical to me.

---- Original Post------

My car has intermittently been acting up.

Driving along the freeway, it has repeatedly started to hesitate and
backfire.

If I slowed down or pulled over it would run fine until today, where it
refuses to do anything but idle, any attempt to give it gas results in a
backfire...