[Healeys] SAE 140 Use In Differential To Reduce Noise?

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Thu Apr 3 21:27:10 MDT 2014

Interesting question.  My BJ8 diff also has a whine, though it occurs more off-throttle than on.

I have no experience with heavier gear oil--and it looks like no one else does, either--but I'll hazard a guess that the
oil in the diff is slung about so fiercely that lubricating the axle bearings should not be a problem (except maybe when
temps and machinery are cold--drive easy for a few miles, which is a good idea anyway).

If you do switch to 140 let us know how it works.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net