[Healeys] Heat Shields

rkeysor rkeysor at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 1 16:00:27 MDT 2014

I fabricated mine out of 1/4" Hardie Backer, a product that looks very much
like the original shields.  Healey6 shows patterns for the shields, though I
chose to go full dimension in the space above the mufflers.  I used 1" square
bits of the material as spacers between the floor and the shield.  Also
wrapped the exhaust pipes from the manifold to the front of the muffler. My
car was totally absent the shields, and a couple were pretty challenging to
install with the engine in place.  Still a hot car, however.