[Healeys] HEAT SHIELDS

Mitch dayton21 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 1 13:02:06 MDT 2014

Thanks for the replies..........
These are asbestos heat shields.........The only one I am concerned with is
the vertical piece drivers foot boxB ......where the exhaust comes down and
under.
I am currently fitting Kirk headers (what a treat!)B  and I had to cut shield
for clearance ......thus the problem.B  the rest of the shields are fine.
I WANT THE FOOTBOX INSULATED FROM THE EXHAUST HEAT..........how well does
Hardy board insulate?B  I just need the one piece I could make it easy enough
just need to know whats the best material to use.........................any
ideas?
Thanks to all
Mitch