[Healeys] Quandry

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Sep 21 20:53:00 MDT 2013

As some of you might have guessed, I'm trying to reassemble the gearbox extension and cover for our BN2. I expected this to be a simple bolt-up--yeah, I know I should know better--but I'm missing something. Figured out the extension fits--with large gaps apparently for carpet, etc. But, with the extension installed in a logical fashion the gearbox cover sits about an inch away according to the existing sheetmetal screw holes. I know there should be a seal between the extension and the cover, and a half-inch gap I could see, but and inch? Is there another part in there I'm missing? Everything seems to have its place--screw holes line up--but they don't seem to 'connect.'

None of these parts have been modified since they came off the car and, unfortunately I don't have photos (probably because when we disassembled it seemed obvious). Anybody got photos of these?

Any and all help and suggestions appreciated.

Bob