[Healeys] Bearing Cleaning

pryner@verizon.net pryner at verizon.net
Tue Sep 3 10:41:13 MDT 2013

Spinning dry also damages the bearings.  There is no lube to protect the surfaces and normally some dirt left.  Spinning with air spins the bearing very fast and accelerates the wear process.  When I worked on jet engines a bearing that was spun with air was automatically taken out of service.  I know that cars don't have the same tolerances but why take the chance of extra wear?
Pete