[Healeys] Temp gauge

I Erbs eyera3000 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 13:16:24 MDT 2013

Made a tool by cutting a slot in 5/8 spark plug socket, cut a slot in a
,5/8 box wrench, the cut it in half. Just pulled my radiator. Cold chisel
sliced off some of nut, but did not turn it. Used heat gun, as per Steve
Pike, no joy. Using penetrating oil. Won't budge in either
direction....will call shop tomorrow for advice. I have special sockets for
rounded nuts, but would need to cut tube right at hut. Gas torch too close
to fuel sources for my comfort....
thanks to you and all who offered help. May just cut it and use a dedicated
temp gauge now, then send mine out fir rebuild over the winter. I've been
waiting three years to drive the car.

Ira Erbs
Portland, OR
please excuse typos. Sent from my phone