[Healeys] How much play in the differential

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 16:59:40 MDT 2013

Not quite sure what you are describing but presuming that there is no
relational free play in the U joints there is usually 5 - 10 degrees of
backlash in the diff.
The"correct" backlash measurement for a particular gear set is etched on the
crown wheel but I've known of those hypoid sets to run perfectly and quietly
with massive amounts of backlash so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Michael S
Still mulling over drilling out the screws in his horns!!!