[Healeys] Suggestions Lucas Altette Horn Hestoration

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 06:05:57 MDT 2013

Bill I think you are correct there...
>From what I have read it seems that there is a high zinc content in the
horn bodies and that act as a sacrificial anode turning to zinc oxide.
Normally steel on steel produces ferric oxide (rust) which can be released
with plenty of heat.
Not so zinc or aluminum oxides which are much more stable at high
temperatures and hence do not release with heat..
Probably explains the problem but doesn't solve it!!

Michael S
BN1 #174

Sharpening his drill bits....

--