[Healeys] OD on

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Oct 26 08:43:51 MDT 2013

My BJ8 engine seems happiest between 2-3K RPM.   Maybe it's the cam--Crower's mildest grind--or the 3.54 rearend
gearing.  I'll wind it up to 4K sometimes before shifting, but I have this strange feeling the engine might explode if I
take it much higher.  Haven't gotten the 100M out on the highway yet, but it feels like it likes even lower RPMs.

Have heard 'overdrive' refers to the fact that the annular gear 'overruns' the planetary gears.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net