[Healeys] OD -- leave it on around town?

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Fri Oct 25 07:31:56 MDT 2013

No, I've been driving my BJ8 like that for 30 years and 110K miles except that I don't particularly wind it out in second.    Recently, though, I've been feeling some slipping in O/D when I accelerate in 3rd.  My suspicion is that the sliding clutch in the overdrive has worn linings, which could be the result of leaving the O/D switch on when the O/D will be engaging/disengaging itself frequently around town.  I have always tried to be gentle with the O/D, not selecting it while under heavy acceleration.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA