[Healeys] running lights

Roland Wilhelmy rwil at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 16 15:41:29 MDT 2013

New cars have some sophisticated ways of doing this (my 2014 Forester
has four positions on the headlight switch and none of them is what is
usually meant by 'off'.)  Maybe we could borrow a relay or two from
them so that when we want to start our Healeys the headlights are
turned off and things like that.  In cold weather or with a tired
battery the starter may be short on energy with the headlights on.

I am not familiar with BJ8 ignition switches, maybe #2 terminal is off
when the switch is in the 'start' mode.  That would be nice.  On
earlier Healeys something else would be needed.

-Roland