[Healeys] A BJ8 for $17,800

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Tue Oct 8 15:17:03 MDT 2013

G'day

This sale has 'SCAM' written all over it.

Please find below two responses I have received from the seller:-

I am glad that you are interested in my 1967 Austin Healey BJ8.

This Austin Healey provides the ultimate classic vehicle experience, you
already have most of the details in my description, but I want to repeat
myself that it has the original jack and knock off hammer and it is spotless
inside and out.I legally own a clear title, free of any liens or loans,
under my name. Not interested in a trade and my final price is $17,800.

Just want to sell it ASAP, I am using Google Wallet as my ex-husband
suggested, he also sold his car, without any headaches!

First of all please let me know where are you located ?

I will also need to know if you require a loan ? Or the funds are available
?

Then I said I was holidaying in the US and wanted to look at the car.

I will do my best to walk you through the process. As I told you in my first
email, I recently got divorced. I got a new job and moved to Lincoln, NE for
a new start. The car is in my possession, already at the shipping company,
in a cargo container, ready to be delivered to its future new owner. The
deal is handled by Google Wallet so I don't have much to do about it. With
Google Wallet, you get free delivery, at your place in 4 to 5 days. In
addition, you get 5 days to try it out before buying it, and if you don't
like it, you can send it back at my expense. I want to make it very clear,
that Google Wallet will hold your money, and I won't be receiving a single
dollar unless you call and tell them to release the money to me. For more
info on how it works, I can ask Google Wallet to send you an email with more
details on how to buy it. They will contact you shortly, as soon as have
your personal details. This way you also get proof that I am covered by them
and a legitimate seller. If you would like to receive the email from Google
Wallet with all the transaction information, please reply with your whole
name, address and phone # and they will contact you right away.

Let the buyer beware.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Blue Mountains, Australia