[Healeys] Original leather interior, what was leather, what was vinyl

Earl Kagna kags at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 22 13:51:18 MST 2013

Gentlemen:

I recall many years ago seeing a BJ8 with the factory leather seat option.
I seem to remember the seat 'flutes' being much wider than the normal ambla
trimmed Bj8's - this was done on the rear seat pan inserts, as well as the
front facing part of the seat back.  Can anyone comment on what the very few
factory leather equipped BJ8's looked like?

Another point - something that I recently learned:  the leather equipped
BJ8's had plain vinyl on the rear quarters, rather than the square patterned
material on the rear portion, which I assume was that way to match the
smaller square pattern on the seat inserts / seat back on the ambla trimmed
cars.  The gent that trimmed my recently restored BJ8 - in leather (using
the narrow 'normal' inserts), used plain vinyl on the quarters.  He is a UK
trained trimmer, and is certain that it was more correct without the pattern
on the quarters.

Again, can anyone comment?

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.