[Healeys] Mounting rear shocks

Richard Kahn tahoehealey at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 18 19:25:24 MST 2013

I had an opportunity to change out the mounting bolts today. Using grade 8
Allen bolts with hardened washers on the shock side and Nord-Lock washers
against the body of the car was quite easy. The Allen bolts made the mounting
a breeze. It was difficult to judge the tightness of the hardened nuts. could
not get a torque wrench back there so they are tightened as tight as I could
get them. I won't be able to do a test drive for a while due to other work I
am doing but I feel good about what I did.
Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Rich Kahn