[Healeys] Aluminum Healey Found - 2nd try to post...

Peter Dzwig pdzwig at summaventures.com
Mon Nov 11 12:33:56 MST 2013

Scott,

I'd be surprised if it was one of these. In the first place I thought, although
I may be wrong, that all of those bodies were accounted for or "pranged" quite
badly in period - see the picture further down the page of Cuomo landing #25,
which almost certainly was ally-bodied.

But then those cars are 56/7 and earlier and not 59...

When cars were aluminium bodied in the mid-50a by DMHC they were custom jobs
provided by Jensens and were extremely expensive and limited in number. My guess
is that any all-aluminium bodies that you come across from that period would be
US-manufactured and probably custom.

Peter Dzwig