[Healeys] Revelations and Questions, Cinema

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Fri Nov 8 08:36:24 MST 2013

I was in Warwick years ago, helping a friend pick up some ghastly old wreck
which we had to tow +/- 150 miles with virtually no brakes. Anyhow, I went
to the Cinema which was in the final throes of closure as a business. I had
a BT7 MkII at the time, so I went to the spares desk. Looked like where
they'd have sold popcorn. And there was a typical old gent in a brown
warehouse coat. "We're closed", says he. "Nothing left."
"Nothing? Could you have a look? I need virtually everything..."
Off he went and returned with a parts book, the right one, and the little
knob that push/pulls on the heater control slider. He charged me something
nominal for the book and nothing for the knob which, being so small, had
been overlooked.
Simon