[Healeys] Revelations and Questions

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 03:25:26 MST 2013

Jackson,
I suspect you've mixed your Walt Disney, Little Golden book and Healey
literature up? ;-)
The alloy Head for Healeys would overhang an MGC block.
Some (one?) of the remaining alloy blocks cast to be used in PWB are with John
Chatham.
Dave Woodhouse (DMD) has built new Healey Alloy block.
http://www.healeyfactory.com.au/dmd/original-works-alloy-block/
http://www.healeyfactory.com.au/dmd/development-manufacturing-process/

Maybe BMC contemplated using an alloy Healey engine in an MGC?
Maybe BMC put an alloy Healey engine in an MGC?
Maybe the idea and the money to cast the alloy Healey blocks came from MG, who
may have been
 looking for a new engine for the MGC??
But it's a Healey engine, not an MGC engine
Best
Chris

Sent from my iPhone

On 08/11/2013, at 5:57 AM, Jackson Krall <jackson_krall at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've been pouring over my meagre collection of AH literature lately and a
few things of interest have come up.....

> ....The aluminum block engine used in the last "works" built competition
car, PWB 57, for the illfated 1967 RAC rally, and I found this almost shocking
and deeply ironic,  was actually an MGC engine built for the GTS. I did not
know that.