[Healeys] Eagle Low Drag EType GT.

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 01:28:14 MST 2013

Sorry but, 'The styling of an E-Type is an acquired taste'  is probably the
most inaccurate comment  yet posted on this forum.

The 'Yanks' certainly did love it, as did everyone else including Enzo
Ferrari, who thought it the most beautiful car he had ever seen.

Derek

On 7 Nov 2013, at 17:37, Oudesluys <coudesluijs at chello.nl> wrote:

> I am afraid I am not the only one. Funnily enough they had made the same
mistake a few years earlier with the Jaguar MkI which was hastily superseded
by the MkII. Although in a different league the Italians did a lot better. The
best thing about the E-type was its rear suspension and its then already old
but rather advanced and beautiful engine. The styling was an acquired taste
that the yanks loved.
> Kees Oudesluijs
>

> Derek Job schreef op 7-11-2013 17:57:
>> It did? I think you are alone in your view of the E-type. Remember it was
designed nearly 50 years ago and eclipsed everything else around at the time.

>> Derek
>> On 7 Nov 2013, at 14:10, Oudesluys <coudesluijs at chello.nl> wrote:
>>
>>> Looks a lot, lot better than the original. I have always hated the
ridiculously narrow track and upright windscreen on the original E-types. It
totally destroyed the car, even when it was introduced.